Sunday, September 21, 2008

Learning what it means to wait on God

Am having quiet time now... have been reading Psalm 27 for the past few days. Somehow it's a psalm that gives my heart encouragement and rest, even though I've been continuing on with the rest of the Old Testament and reading the book of John.

I visit and revisit it again and again, because I'm wondering whether God may be inviting me to meditate on this Psalm for a while longer. I dunno, maybe it's just me that just wants to linger in this psalm for a moment. Hee.

But yes, as I was sharing with Yufen over coffee today after Sunday service, this verse has been steadily helping to strengthen my heart with regards to waiting, especially with regards to BGR. :) Hee. I do know about the part about trusting God, which some dear bros and sisters have been faithfully reminding me and encouraging. It's just that I need the Word to strengthen my heart. 'Cos my spirit is willing, but my flesh, my heart, they are weak.

But God is so good and kind to me. Even though I'm very weak, He is so strong. Wow. I'm experiencing more and more the joy of His presence, the truth of what is written in 2 Corinthians 12:
"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"

It is so true. I find that the past few days, Jesus has been filling up my heart with increasing peace and strength. Wow! "When I fall down You pick me up / When I am dry You fill my cup / You are my all in all..."

:)


Thank God for this psalm. He reminds me again and again to seek Him for who He is, not for what I want. I miss Him a lot. Just need to spend more time talking with Him. =)




Anyway thank God for the meetup w Yufen today over coffee. Was very blessed. :) And for the meetup with Joyce over breakfast yesterday. Was also very blessed. And for the Sports Day at Tanjong Beach, Sentosa, yesterday. Very fun too haha. And today's sermon. It was good! On work. Looking forwards to work! And for CG too. Need to pray for the younger ones who came over from poly side.

Discipleship. It's so important. I need to start a plan to study the Bible in-depth soon. Thank God for the HopeSem course coming up!

Oh yes! Finally I'll be going for a TV production course, starting from tomorrow. :) Dream starting to come true! God is faithful indeed!

Lead me, Lord, I pray... and guide me in Your ways... so that I may know You better... and become more like Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Love ya, Daddy. :) In Jesus' name, amen.

*hopeful*

No comments: