Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting more and more tired now. Lord, help me push on - it's a fruitful time of ministry...

Jonathan shared with me enthusiastically about what he learnt during WFL Bible class last night. Gosh. Thank God for answering my prayer for him, that God'll open his mind to understand and capture the lesson taught during the Bible lesson. :) Very encouraged and thankful too.

Especially because I'm feeling increasingly tired. I need to sit down and just have a good time of prayer. Fasting wouldn't hurt either... =)

Prayer. What a joy to pray. Knowing that if we ask anything in His name, it'll be done for us by our Father in heaven.

Mercy too. I need His mercy too.

Anyway, to share a testimony of answered prayer that I shared with WZ on Monday. For quite a while now, I've been walking to work, and as I passed by this beauty shop, there was a huge poster of a barely bare-chested woman. I had to divert my eyes and walk much faster everytime I passed by that poster (you know lah, flee from temptation, take cover etc...).

So I was quite worried about the children who'd be seeing this poster. I mean, this is borderline pr0n... (WZ said at this point, "Actually I'd be worried for the adults!" Haha...) So was complaining to God about the beauty shop displaying such a pr0nic poster, and wondering how to make that poster disappear. No, vandalism with strategically placed black paint is NOT a good idea... even if the intention is good...

But Jesus' words came to mind: "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matt 17:20b)

So prayed everytime I walked past that poster on my way to work for a few weeks.

Then... I got posted to my company HQ for a few months. Then I returned back to my branch office after that. As I took the bus back from work, I passed by the beauty shop. Remembering the poster, I took a quick glance at the beauty shop.

The poster was gone.

And it was replaced by another lady, much more well-covered this time. ;)

Wow. Thank God for answering my prayers, even though I didn't have any power or authority to make the beauty shop owners take down their poster.

So when we see injustice and degrading of people in today's decaying societies... let's not lose heart. Let's pray together with the Lord: Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...

From Huichun's blog:
Everytime I pray
I move the hands of God;
My prayer does the thing
My hands cannot do.

Everytime I pray
Mountains are removed;
My paths are made straight
And the nations turn to You


:)

No comments: