Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mambo

Mambo's a content management system. Not a dance. =) I'm trying it because I've been trying to set up an expandable, flexible and easy-to-use website for some friends in Chile (David, Pui See and some others): AlwaysAsia.com. The current (and first) version is a static HTML website. Not easy to extend and updating's a royal pain, esp for non-techies. It's a bit too much to handle - especially when the requirements call for Spanish and English... *vomits blood*

So was crawling up the hill using Wordpress. It's a lovely blogging platform, but absolutely pathetic when it comes to handling multiple languages and customizing... *weeps blood*

But thank God... Mambo looks so much nicer. Considered using Joomla and Drupal, and Drupal does have the ability to handle multiple languages too. But Mambo got more positive reviews, as I can see so far. So I'll give it a shot. And so much easier to customize than Wordpress, that's for sure.

I think I'll use Mambo for my own website next time... if I ever get around to doing it! :P

No comments: