Monday, December 24, 2007

Surrendered Unto God :) And the Fruits that Follow

Whee~! :D Just read this post: Super-encouraging!

An Interview with MDIS Horizon


To be honest, when I read that post, the first thought that came into my mind was: I'm not Andrew, I'm not as driven as this bro, I'm so phlegmatic, and I don't really have a dream to start a business (and I don't even think that I'm called to be an entrepreneur...), and I'm so inadequate... does God really want me to be so driven?

But as I pondered on that, I randomly clicked on another part of his blog, and read this:
The aim of this blog is to set you thinking; that living a life with and in God is just as relevant, possible and if not more exciting to have in our contemporary day-to-day life. Hopefully it empowers you too to live a full life that you meant to have with God.


Hee! That part really encouraged me. And I'm thinking here... I may not be Andrew. But by the grace of God, I am what I am, and I know that His grace to me has not been without effect! :)

Something that I learn from Andrew's life through the comments left on his blog - is that it's not because of natural talent or sheer willpower that kept him going on... but it's simply because of his life that chose to be surrendered unto God. :)

The most important thing here is not so much of achieving many and/or dramatic things for Him, even though these can be used to win credibility and be a good testimony in His eyes... the most important thing is a life fully thrown and surrendered into His hands, in response to His call: "Who will go for us? And whom shall I send?" - "Here am I - send me!"

Oh! I am suddenly struck by this realization that Isaiah's reply, "SEND ME!", was AFTER he realised his sheer uncleanness and unholiness... and AFTER the angel assured him that his sin has been forgiven by God...

It was not BEFORE, but AFTER, that he was enabled to respond to the call!

And with that realization, I really want to throw myself fully into His eternal hands... chasing not the approval of men, but the approval of the Lord Himself!

So help me Lord, this is really an uphill task, knowing full well that I am a super-lazy person... but, Lord, here I am, send me! Please! In Jesus' most amazing name, amen! :D And thank You so much dear Father for lives like Andrew's that help us look up to YOU, to see just how Great Is Our God... Amen! :D

No comments: