Monday, December 24, 2007

Anyway, here's what I originally intended to share on this blog before I saw Andrew's latest posting and excitedly scribbled off a post...

I was contemplating while bathing just now. Was telling God how inadequate I STILL am feeling. Especially with my difficulty in interacting in group settings of more than 4 people who are not in close physical proximity (because of my hearing impairment). (Thanks HQ for observing this.)

It's a physical/physiological limitation, to be sure, besides other factors... but sometimes I feel really discouraged. So was "spamming" God about this, complaining to Him again. But I confessed to Him that I think I'm reliving some of my old fears, and dwelling again on the past...

And after I stepped out of the bath, and was drying myself... I suddenly looked at myself in the mirror and told myself fiercely, "Yeu Ann, forgetting what lies behind, let's press on to take hold of that which Christ has called you to. Don't let your weaknesses hold you back; rather, live your strengths for Jesus Himself."

And right after that, this verse popped into my mind:
Judges 6:14
The LORD turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have[...] Am I not sending you?"

I remember Pastor Simon Eng preaching on this verse during 2003's A Courageous Church church camp.

Thank You dear Holy Spirit. I just feel so strengthened by this rhema word. :)

No comments: