Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How to create stories in ten minutes or less

Thought this is very interesting! :) and helpful too... do read it!

Excerpt from the blog:
Think of something that happened to you recently and then use the following five questions to help you create the story. I shall use my story as an example.

1. What happened?
An auntie tried to hit on me in the train.

2. Who was involved?
Auntie and myself.

3. How can people connect or relate to this story?
We all take trains and have encounters of strangers trying to start a conversation with us.

4. What is funny?
Her opening line: Wah! Apple computer wor… and before I could acknowledge her, she reached out and started touching my laptop.

I knew her entire family history within five stops. And I suspect the rest of the passengers too coz she was speaking very loud.

And why does people with bad breath love to tell you secrets???!!!

The passengers were enjoying the entire drama between the auntie and me.

The best part of the conversation was in this line: Aiyah.. I have to alight at the next stop already… And in my head, I went Wooooooohooooooo!!!

5. What are the lessons or messages?
We find it weird to strike a conversation with some stranger but that should not be the case. In fact, the weird part is we find it weird.

No comments: