Monday, December 13, 2010

Refresher

It's been such a busy time, this period of ministry. Christmas season. But also been flipping through my blog entries, and reading about my relationship with God over the years.

And I see seasons in my life. =) Seasons of activity, and seasons of contemplation.

Contemplation, especially, in the sense that I am more able to extract life-lessons from everyday experiences and to write down what I have learnt from God through these experiences. :)

Activity, as in learning to be content whatever the situation... the experiences... sharing what God has done for us... through us... to boast in the Lord (not in our own strength).

But I think there's sometimes just thanksgiving. Writing down all the little graces and mercies that I find from God each new day. The simple joy of just being alive. That your loved ones are alive. That... really, sometimes you don't have to try to be something that you want to be - but just to revel in the fact that you are a child of God, and that you can experience God each day. To learn to live in the present, giving thanks for each new day as it comes.

=) To just be more childlike.

People come in and out of your lives, and we ought to be thankful for whatever goodness they may bring, for every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above.

And I'm learning to experientially trust God as my Jehovah Jireh.

You know, I think God spoke a very clear rhema word to me a few days ago. I had been talking with Him about something on my mind... and it's been on my mind for quite a while actually. But that night, it was different from the other times. Just as I was about to enter my house, a verse came so clearly to my mind that I knew it had to be God himself speaking to me.

(There's a certain style that He has when He speaks directly to me... I have learnt to recognize it as my Shepherd's voice. Like that time He told me even before I had applied for a certain job, that He would make my starting pay $2750...  and it really came to pass. So I know it was Him speaking to me that night.)

The verse was: "Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

And an additional sentence came straight after that verse. That the appointed time is near, and it will come to pass indeed. I was so surprised. But yay, the sermon today... wow, was on Abraham and his sacrifice. And then, after the sermon, I found myself next to Eugene. I decided to share with him what I had heard from God a few days ago, and he was pleasantly surprised. :)

Anyway, the key thing is that after today's sermon, I am encouraged and strengthened in my faith in God. As long as He is with me, I know that He will provide me with whatever I need each day. And something that I think I finally understood in my heart after the sermon is that I really have a very good reason not to worry about the future. Because my God really cares for me. Cares as in a tender, compassionate kind of care. Not a weak-willed kind of care, but a strong, tender and loving care. Just like a Father. :) He indeed is Jehovah Jireh, the LORD our provider.

Oh what a joy to know
Our Father loves us so!

I guess the road ahead will not be any easier. But I see more of God along the narrow path... I see His realness and beauty. I see how He can provide. And I think most of all, I have the joy of being able to communicate directly with God. That I once did not know Him, and wondered whether He was real... but now, wow, that I can actually talk with and serve and even experience Him working in my life... wow, it is so wonderful to be a child of God! :)

Provision financially. Experiencing daily bread - literally! Provision in career path and calling. Guidance too with regards to missions. Provision in writing the book. And so on and so forth. Very exciting!

These two years have really been a stretch of faith for me, in experiencing His provision. But I see it as God preparing my faith for the road ahead. :)

Thank You Father.

No comments: