Monday, December 13, 2010

Putting the Word to Work

Listening to Ps Jeff's sermon of the same title. Deeply moved. Heart-stirred. :) I'm thinking how my blog also serves as a "memento" for me to write down all that I have learnt, so that I can put them into practice. If I don't remember, I can't practice. Thank God journalling comes naturally to me, so it's not too difficult for me to do every day =)
 
But I think perhaps I should write more about how I have put into practice what I have done in response to the Word. Personally, I feel reluctant to share, because I think it may make me end up doing things to show and tell. But on the other hand, it will encourage me and others who read this blog about how God has helped me grow in character, as shown by deeds - and not just words.
 
But oh, I am so reluctant to do it. Haha. But perhaps I should, so that it can be a form of accountability. To share how God's Word has been transforming my life, and that His Word really is living and active. So that it can also be a testimony as well.
 
Hee. I remember one brother had been correcting me a couple of years back, and I was feeling sad. :) But one thing he told me at the end lifted up my spirit. "I know that you want to do the will of God." Which is the most important thing, I guess, in the face of all my character failures and so on. That as long as we desire to do the will of God, we are not alone, for He will help us, as long as we are willing to put in our parts, to grow so that we can do His will.
 

Psalm 40

 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire—
   but my ears you have opened[c]
   burnt offerings and sin offerings[d] you did not require.
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
   it is written about me in the scroll.[e]
8 I desire to do your will, my God;
   your law is within my heart."

 9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
   I do not seal my lips, LORD,
   as you know.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
   I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
   from the great assembly.

Amen. :) Yes, Lord... help me do Your will... and to proclaim Your saving acts, Your righteousness, Your faithfulness, Your love and grace... in Jesus' name, amen.
--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

No comments: