Wednesday, December 22, 2010

But The Greatest of These...

I was just chatting with God and sharing with Him how little faith I know I have. And was musing that my faith seemed to have decreased in recent times. But also mused that He seemed to have been moulding me in other areas of my life, especially character, even while I was struggling with faith.

Then this verse gently came to mind: "And now these three remain: faith, hope & love. But the greatest of these is love."

Ah! I see what the Holy Spirit meant. That His greatest concern and topmost priority is not even that I grow in my faith or optimism, but... in love. If I had a faith that could move mountains, but have not love, then what am I in His eyes? :)

Hee. Think I felt Him smile warmly on my little heart then. That He has been training me in the past few years to grow in love, which binds all the good and holy virtues together in perfect unity. :) Amen!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: