Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Had my last shepherding meetup with Jon last Friday night. Or rather, Saturday early early morning. It was an overnight shepherding. :D

Was a great time with him. And grateful to God for answering my prayer that he could become my sheep. That prayer has been answered, and in turn, God has answered another prayer of mine: that Clarence could become his new shepherd (because I saw Clarence's heart to take care of Jon). So thankful to God that I can pass the baton of disciple-making over to Clarence.

Read Hebrews 12 and 13, and Acts 20 to Jon. Prayed for him as well.

But more than all these, is seeing God's grace and good work in Jon.

Dear ex-sheep, thank God truly for your friendship. :D You've really blessed me a lot. Haha... Proud of you too, how you have overcome, especially during that time when you chose to make your stand against an unethical act in your previous workplace. It wasn't easy for you, but you did the right thing... thank God for you, brother, for your courage. Proud of you bro!

Also delighted to see how God is using you to bless and bring laughter to the children. And haha, can see how the kids warm up to you too. :D And continue to read the Bible and study it... your sharings on it have blessed me a lot... think God might have a plan for you to be a Bible teacher next time... who knows what He can do!

This passage is for you:
Philippians 1:3-11
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
:) Yup! Next stage of your disciple-in-training... enjoy the journey k!

1 Corinthians 3:6
"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made [write your name here] grow." :D

Remember all that I've exhorted you for the past two-and-a-half years... God bless! May He who began a good work in you bring it to completion till the day of Christ Jesus!

No comments: