Thursday, July 1, 2010

So tired after work today. Needed coffee so that I can finish the HopeKids script. Just mentioned it to God very casually. But as my check hadn't cleared yet, I was low on cash.

Then went to Starbucks. Took out my coins. Counted. OMG. Exact change - exactly enough for my favourite drink.

Touched. Not that it makes sense logically or it's even good stewardship in that sense - rationally speaking, I can just get a cheaper cup of coffee somewhere or just tea. And I was prepared to do that.

But what touched me was not even the practical aspect of God's provision. It was simply that He showed me that He knows what's been going on in my inner man the past few days, and my discouragement and even demoralization.

It's just... simply the little thing that He did, the personal touch of a Father, that He shows me His care and concern for me during this present set of circumstances.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

*pause* And it touches me that He cared, especially when I was so discouraged that I just found it very hard to pray today. Just groans and to be honest, a lot of swearing in my prayer. (No, not swearing at God! but... swearing about some things I was very frustrated with. Extremely grateful that our God is a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in mercy.)

No comments: