Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Philadelphia Experience

Revelation 3:7-13
"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open..."

Thank God for Peter, Weizhu, Huaqiang, Andrew (my neighbour), Shuyi, Sharon, Clarence and whoever else encouraged/prayed/supported me. :) Thank God especially for Andrew and his mum too.

Thank God too especially for an unexpected (but not unsurprising) blessing: my sister in England. Somehow she understands and... she confirmed what I had been thinking.

Thank God too for the very specific rhema word that He gave me last Sunday as I was praying: Revelation 3:7-13. It is so exact... and this verse came literally true today.
"These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."
Totally amazing. In the middle of the firestorm, God is with me, just as He was with with the three men in the furnace.

And... there was one word that is so sweet.
"I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem... I will also write on him my new name."
Could it be any sweeter? I told God I wanted to write for Him... and He replied me, I will write on you my Name.

Deeply touched and grateful. I totally do not deserve His kindness and grace. And yet... He is lavishing on me. who am i, that He would choose to use a poor sinner like me?

Something also very significant happened later on, when I went to help out for the Nurture children's movie outing today. I shared the details with Weizhu on the phone. It does seem that 1 August 2009 may be a date for me to remember. Yet another example of God's perfect timing, perfect providence and perfect purpose.

God is so blessedly faithful and merciful. Even when we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself. He is indeed the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Yes and Amen.
:D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you r the kind of religious freaks that SM goh warned us about!