Saturday, August 15, 2009

Haha... am sitting here in one of my favourite haunts: St. Andrew's Cathedral again. Actually, the open grounds. Came over from a good time at Nurture Programe. That one is blogworthy as well. Had a rather serious discussion as well with Adrian and Leyi about the direction of the Nurture Programme so far.

Sometimes I feel a bit stuck in-between - perhaps my style is too flexible. I know it's one of my strengths, yet also a weakness of mine.

Somehow sensed that Ms Raja seemed a bit tired and/or burdened. Whether it's with family or the children under her care...

Met some Soka people there. Haha. Actually quite interesting, 'cos there's this lady who's quite on about Soka. So asked me to explain to me more about what Soka is. She was more than happy to oblige me. :) Hee. I think I quite enjoy finding out more about other religions - recently I read an excellent play about some people who were martyred for their Ba'hai faith. It was very good. And had a better insight into the hearts and convictions of those were willing to die for their faith. Was very touched by the play. And I remember poring over the Greek mythologies during my primary school days.

But of course, I must admit I feel a bit nervous at times learning more about other religions. Thing is, would my own faith in Christ be swayed? Since I know my own weakness of being so flexible and accepting of whatever inputs I get. Hmm. But I guess it's not a good thing to just run away and ignore the fact that there's other religions too mah. 'Cos I read in Acts that the apostle Paul went walking around Athens finding out more the Greek religion. And from there he found something in common that he could relate the gospel message to the Athenian council. :)

But yeah. As I study more... I find nothing can compare with the person of Jesus Christ. There's simply no one else like Him! :) All the wise men of the world and their sayings ultimately are but a shadow of what He said. And yet He speaks so simply that even little children and uneducated people can grasp what He means.

And grace and forgiveness for all the wrong things I've ever done. And peace with God. Yep. So that's why I decided, that out of all these worldviews and so on, the gospel message explains the problems of mankind and offers the best and most compelling answers to it all. And best of all, a real and living relationship with God through Jesus Christ his one and only Son. :)




Been sitting and just walking and even napping for 4 solid hours. :) And I love it. Ahaha. There's a choir singing in the background.

Birds chirping. Cool rainy air. So nice.

Prayed asking God for some advice about some practical issues. Then Proverbs 24:27 came to mind: "Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house." That means go fix a steady source of income first - tuition, relief teaching and so on. Then we'll talk again about all the other things you want to do.

LOL. The Lord's really very practical too. :) Quite surprised initially, but hey, makes a LOT of sense. Sometimes being spiritual means being pragmatic too. E.g. "If a man shall not work, he shall not eat." Amen to that.

Okay. Gotta plan timetable as well. Stressed! Meeting up Jon soon to play LAN games with him.

No comments: