Monday, August 17, 2009

Luke Skywalker or Luke Warmer?

Haha, I know it's a dreadful attempt at a cheesy title. But was pondering about Ps Simon's sermon yesterday. Ah. The Church in Laodicea. Lukewarm. And the Lord Jesus himself said that He will spit lukewarm Christians out of his mouth.

Gosh. Lukewarmness.

Luke Skywalker chose not to linger on the fence, and so he was able to make his stand very clear, when his own father asked him to join the Dark Side.

How have I been lukewarm for God? Am I just cruisin' along? If I'm like that, I'll be cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Prayer. We had a very fun DMM yesterday. The Sohs and Sharon, Peter, me, and Joy went to Mr and Mrs Soh's house. And we played Wii! Whee. Very funny, the wacky rabbits game...

Hm. Prayer. We talked about it. And to be honest, I think I am becoming lukewarm in my prayers and my spiritual walk with God. I think it's because I've allowed myself to start slacking in reading my Bible and praying fervently. It's very dangerous. I must remember that I'm still in the middle of a spiritual battlefield.

I picture it like a soldier in the middle of a chemical warfare zone. He's well-wrapped up in his NBC suit, but he still has to eat. So he makes sure he eats carefully and faithfully, so that though it is very cumbersome to eat, he will have enough strength and perseverance to endure the battlefield conditions. The good soldier must eat, whether he is in a good place, or in the middle of the worst strife.

So I also must make sure that I seek God earnestly! Cry out to Him! Lord, renew my first love for You! I realise how fast the fire goes out even after a great time of prayer... it's so essential to walk right with You, EVERY single day of my life.
I want to walk with You
Every day of my life
To talk with You
In the good and the strife
You're my Friend
You're my Father
For all time
Nothing can keep us apart
You're the Lover of my heart...
Yup. :) I think I'll go to AMK Park tonight. Just to spend some time with my heavenly Father.



Oh! I'm looking forwards to the Global Conference. And... I'll be helping to host a pastor from overseas! Gosh. Haha. More of just make sure he's comfortable, can find his way around and arrive on time. But yah, excited to have a chance to bless this brother in Christ, and show hospitality... hope and pray that my ushering knowledge and experience will be helpful here! G.E.M.S - Go the Extra Mile to Serve! Hope I can get to learn some insights and understanding from him too... must prepare my questions in advance. Haha...

And tomorrow dinner with Li Chuan from Hope Nairobi! Cool... hopefully I can also welcome Joyce at the airport tomorrow if I manage to finish my clearance in time.

No comments: