Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feel so dreadfully inadequate. Whether it's scriptwriting, directing, leading a discussion, interacting with people, showing care and concern, friendships and so on...

I just feel so horribly inadequate.

I am... a sand grain tossed up and down with the waves.

I am... a mote of dust blown around by the four winds.

I am... a little worm at the bottom of the food chain.

I am... the guy who pushes the "PULL" door.



But was reminded, while crying out to God, that all these discouragements 'smoke' me out from seeing the many sweet blessings that He has blessed me with today. For example, yesterday's sharing with TH. HQ and I had dinner with him. WZ dropped by. And TH asked us some very good questions.

And the good lunch today with Adrian, Leyi and TH (he came along for the Nurture programme too - thank God for him!).

For the pleasant surprise meetup with Uncle Lee at Millennium Koufu food court today. For the silly event when Sharon tried to open a Coke bottle and it spurted all over her...
For God's grace, that He answered my cries for mercy and help when I realised that there were some miscommunications AND cock-ups just half an hour before the HopeKids skit was to begin.
For His reminding me to take the initiative to resolve the problems on the spot without troubling Hong Teck.
For KK's willingness and readiness to serve... for Yuhan and Ethan's willingness to be roped in for calefare roles. For Joey and Eilton's great ad-libbing during the skit, even when they forgot their lines.
For the hilarious mess-up, that the kids laughed. Haha...
For His helping me share boldly with the kids when leading CG discussion today. For Eilton's help and encouragement too.

Ah. I'm reminded again of how good God is. Psalm 22. The psalmist cried out to God, why hast Thou forsaken me? But in the next breath, he remembers God's goodness and cries out, I will praise Your name before my brothers, in the congregation of the saints will I praise You.

:)

And for the message today during HopeKids sermon: "Small people can do great things." Yes. Just as He used Jeremiah, so He is able to use me. Amen.

Yeah! Haha. Oh. What were my dark thoughts before I started writing this post?

That's strange. They don't seem so dark anymore. :D Wow!

No comments: