Monday, July 27, 2009

Whoa. What a wonderful weekend. :)

Saturday: Went with Tai Heng to Nurture programme. Then we went down to Istana Park for my sub-district's games day. And our team won the grand prize!

But I left earlier to see Joyce off at the airport for her 3 weeks in Scandinavia. Her mum graciously treated all those who were there to Popeye's Chicken.

Then went down to meet Jon for shepherding. We played Call of Duty: World at War. Yanked the difficulty level to the hardest difficulty level. Wah. So authentic, the combat. Gosh! The AI kept firing madly at us, and whenever we took cover, grenades would come flying our way. Crazy. We found out that charging an MG42 nest isn't a very survivable tactic... forget all those bayonet charges. Grenades are the way to go! As Jon put it, "It's frustrating... and very satisfying, because it's so tough!"

Sunday: Wow. Met Jon, Clarence and Jason for breakfast. And... I lost my right hearing aid. I was shocked, and think I probably dropped it on the road while I was cycling. GG. But thank God, it's the older hearing aid. So abt time to get a new one. Remembered that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. And to give thanks in all circumstances. When I prayed, and committed the hearing aid into God's hands, my frustration slowly melted away, and I felt a sense of peace and comfort fill my heart.

And the Sunday service! It was a very heart-stirring service! S1aNsation, that's the title. Gosh. We almost died of laughter when we saw Robert's chubby face grinning on the news video... wah. He very funny.

And the testimony by Stanley was so real and heartwarming. Sincere, and very straight from the heart! Wow.

Passion. I twittered about it.

So, having been convicted and stirred by Ps Jeff's sermon, I decided to stay back after service to pray on my own. Extended quiet time. And... God really spoke to me. And refreshed me in a very powerful and tangible way! Not just so, Jason came by to see how I was, 'cos it's not everytime that you see someone staying back on his own to pray after service... usually if so, it's probably because the person's down or upset.

So I shared with Jason abt the conviction in my heart about the message preached. And he prayed for me. :) Thank God for you, Jason!

Prayed for about an hour or so. And whoa, whoa, somehow, after praying, confessing and waiting upon God... when I got up, my soul really felt like it had been washed clean... like... ah, when you take a good bath after many hot and sticky days. =) And though I had been physically tired, wow, I felt so refreshed physically. In fact... my handwriting was even so much neater after I finished praying!

Reminded of how Moses' face would glow after spending time with the Lord. Amazing! :)

Anyway, I prayed and asked God for a chance to share the gospel with Edmund. And decided to just catch up with him to keep in touch and find out what's going on in his life. Not really to preach or what, just listen and keep him company.

To my amazement, after exchanging a few SMSes with him, he asked me whether can meet up with me, Sijia and How Joo to ask our advice about some life decisions he's thinking about.

So we met up over dinner. And God really is at work. Thank God also for HQ, Sharon and Jeannie who kept us in prayer! How Joo took the opportunity to share Christ with Edmund. To cut a long, long, long story short, thank God, Edmund was touched by what we shared, and he had a better understanding of the gospel after what How Joo shared. And he was blessed too by the testimonies that How Joo, Sijia and I all shared with him! And we had the chance to pray for him too. We also found out that he had prayed before for help... wow, who knows? God's at work, as always!

Thank God too for the very specific Bible verse that is very precisely relevant to his life decisions! WHOA! God works in response to our prayers, to willing and available hearts of faith!

Though Edmund isn't considering becoming a Christian at this time, we're very thankful that he was touched by our testimonies of what God has done for us in so many ways. How Joo and Sijia really are a wonderful, beautiful and Godly couple! Serving the Lord together, and sharing Christ with those around them... yes!

Exciting!

Personally, I felt so much joy to see us all sharing Christ with Edmund. We're also very thankful for Edmund's willingness and openness to share his life and listen to our own sharing too. Blessed! God's at work! :)

And I'm reminded of Paul exulting in his letter to the Philippians about his joy that the gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached. And I'm sharing in that joy too! Because the good news, really, really is good news to every heart that is willing to listen!

Can really see God working and reviving my own heart to have a new heart of PASSION for Christ. To know Christ, and to make Him known to the nations and generations.

Dear brothers and sisters, really want to encourage you to take a step of faith and trust God. It's never too late to start, and you're never too small to do BIG things for God... because our God is a BIG GOD!

We're just very ordinary people, How Joo, Sijia and me... but our God is an extraordinary God! Amen!

And a brand new week lies ahead! God's at work, as always. Amen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro,

Glad to hear all the updates of your life through the blog. Heh..next time when you are "itching" for Call to Duty with Jon, you can get me as well. =)

Bless!
DH

yeu@nn said...

Hey Dehua!

Sure! On bro! :D Thanks for volunteering to lead us IN FRONT... wahahaha...

YA

Jinghe said...

Don't forget me!!!

Jinghe

yeu@nn said...

@jinghe LOL sure bro!