Monday, July 6, 2009

HopeKids Skit: Be A Friendly Leader

A line of cooks cooking food in a hurry. They are to be on the right side of the stage.

A few empty chairs are placed on the left side. They are supposed to be the restaurant tables.

A screen is placed btween the chairs and the "kitchen". Could be a scoreboard or smtg.


Prologue
--------

Narrator: There was once this friendly little town. And in this friendly little town was a friendly little restaurant.

And in this friendly little restaurant... was a not-so-friendly manager.


Scene I
--------
The manager comes in, scowling.



Manager: Hey! Hurry up you slowpokes! The customers are waiting!

The manager goes up to the first chef.

Manager: Hey! Why are you cutting up the tomatoes using a chopper? Use the correct knife!

Goes to the next chef.

Manager: Hey! Why are you using ginger for the pork? Use garlic!

Goes to the last chef, the oldest and most experienced chef. He's the best.

Manager: (Haughtily, with nose up in the air) Hey! Felipe, what are you cooking now?

Felipe: (Loudly with French accent) That is *Monsieur* Felipe for you. I am cooking my specialty, rabbit stew. It is the best in Paris!

Manager: (Angrily) Well, shouldn't you be using a saucepan instead of a skillet then?!

Felipe: (Even more angrily) The nerve of you to tell a great chef how to cook. (Brandishes a huge knife) Get out before I keeell you.

Manager hastily beats it.

All the chefs laugh out loud.


Scene II
----------
Narrator goes back onto stage.

Narrator: Well, one day, the manager found out that there was to be a visit by none other than his own boss.

Manager runs in delightedy to the left-hand side of the stage.

Manager: Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! It's my boss! If he likes our food... why, I will get promoted! I may even own this restaurant!

Manager looks at the audience.

Manager: I must press (grips his hands very tight) my cooks! I shall make sure that they do not mess around! That they will do as I tell them to do!!! We cannot have any mistakes here! NEVAH!



Manager turns and stomps into the kitchen. All the 3 chefs turn to stare at him.

Manager: Hey, listen up, cooks! My boss is coming to our restaurant in an hour's time. Cook him your very best dish. If he likes it, I will get PROMOTED!

Felipe: Ok, Monsieur.

Manager: Whatever. Hurry up.

Manager turns and walk out.

Chef #1: Pah! What an unfriendly manager we have!

Chef #2: Pooh! What an ugly manager we have!

Felipe: Gah! What an inconsiderate manager we have! Ahh.... (strokes chin) Haha... I think... I shall prepare my famous wasabi soup. Bwahahaha. It is the worst dish I've ever created in my whole life.

Chef #1 and #2: Wahahaha. We can't wait to see ze boss' face!

So the three chefs merrily start throwing in all sorts of stuff.



Chef #1: (to audience) They say too many cooks spoil the soup!

Chef #2: And that's what we're trying to do! (hi-fives his partner) Let's see... Tom yam soup...

Chef #1: With tomato sauce...

Chef #2: With smelly beancurd

Chef #1: With Milo

Chef #2: With fish eyeballs

Chef #1: With some pork liver

Chef #2: With tabasco sauce

Chef #1: With some WASABI!

Chef #2: And, with some shoe dust! YES!!!

Manager suddenly runs back in, screaming.

Manager: He's here! He's here! The boss is here! Is the food ready or not?

Felipe: Oh yes, Monsieur. I have specially prepared a secret recipe for him. It will certainly awake him!

Manager: Good! Gimme the dish. I'll serve the boss myself.

Felipe: Fine. As you please.

Manager walks over to the boss, who is seated, tapping his finger impatiently.


All the three chefs sneak up to eavesdrop on the manager and his boss.


Boss: Manager, what's taking you so long?

Manager: Ah, Sir... don't worry. This is our very finest dish.

Boss: You think I'm an idiot? This dish... smells horrible. It looks horrible. (tastes food. He spews the soup all over the place... onto the Manager himself too.) AND IT TASTES HORRIBLE! YOU TAKE ME FOR A FOOL? GAH! GET LOST BEFORE I LOSE MY TEMPER!


Manager walks back angrily to the kitchen, wiping off the soup off his face.


Manager: Chefs!

All the three chefs whistle innocently, looking everywhere except at the manager.

Manager: You were all trying to sabotage me, right?

Felipe: Monsieur.

Manager: YES?

Felipe: You are certainly not going to go very far, if you keep talking to us like this so rudely.

Manager: WHAT?

Felipe: Look, you need us more than we need you. We can cook. You? C'est impossible. The last time you tried to boil an egg, you burnt the water.

Manager: So what do you want me to do then?

Felipe: Be more friendly to us. (smoothly) Friendliness is the honey that sweetens every meal we share.

Manager: Ah. Okaaaaaaay.

Felipe: For starters, please say "please". For the main course, please smile and ask nicely. Finally, for dessert, a "thank you" would be excellent.

Manager: Huh!

Felipe: (brandishes knife) Or you will find yourself in my next stew!

Manager: Ok! ok! I'm.... sorry... Monsieur Felipe!

Felipe: That's better.

Manager walks out, huffingly.

All 3 chefs laugh and go back to work.


Scene III
----------

A few minutes later... Manager runs back in again.

Manager: Hey! Listen up!...

All 3 chefs stare at him.

Manager: I'm sorry... Gentlemen... I have a favour to ask of you.... PLEASE.

Felipe: Ah! Good! You learn fast, Monsieur. What do you need?

Manager: A famous food reviewer from Makansutra just came in!

All 3 chefs gasp.

Manager: So... if you're all right with it, would it be ok to help prepare your very BEST dish? I'm sure if we all work together... our restaurant will get a very good grade! I know you all can cook very well... Plus, if you do well... I will give you three days off!

All 3 chefs cheer.

Felipe: Excellent, monsieur! I shall make my best stew!

Chef #1: And I shall make my best chicken!

Chef #2: And I shall make my best dessert!

Manager: And I shall get the finest wine!

Chef #1: For the customer?

Manager: No, for you three! To thank you for your hard work! It's on me!

All 3 chefs cheer again!

------------

Host: Yes, kids, our Powerpoint Today is “Be a friendly leader others want to follow”

No comments: