Friday, July 3, 2009

Because. Of. Jesus.

Was also struggling with anger, annoyance and impatience over something just now. So I literally bit my tongue and walked off to the kitchen to pray.

And as I prayed, actually, whoa, I think God really spoke very clearly to me through my thoughts. I recognize them as thoughts from God... 'cos well, they're in line with the Bible... and also... I guess I've learnt to recognize God's voice over the years.

Anyway, besides the wonder of hearing God's "voice", actually, God really did listen... and answer me very gently. Whoa. I was really quite frustrated, but He patiently listened. And then He encouraged me a lot. And then... He reminded me... that yes, I do sin. And yes, He doesn't like it when I sin. But no, He doesn't condemn me... on the contrary, He reminded me... I change, not because I'm supposed to, not because others want me to... but simply because of Jesus.

It all goes back to love for God. "Do it, because of Jesus."

Whoa. Wept when I heard those words. Jesus on the cross, forgiving those who crucified Him, hammering nails into His hands and feet. Praying, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Jesus, looking at me. Encouraging me to follow His example. To become more and more like Him, in gentle submission and humility. Wept, not because of a sense of failure. Not even because of a feeling of unworthiness. But because of His sheer goodness, love and mercy.
Revelation 1:7
"Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."
Because Jesus Christ really is so gentle and humble. Precisely because He is in very nature God, therefore He allowed those He had created to crucify Him.

Have you ever seen something so beautiful, so sweet, so good, so lovely, so ... holy, that you simply had no other response, but to weep? I guess it's like that when you really pause to think of Who Jesus Really Is.

Because of Jesus. Because He loves me and the other person. Because I want to be more like Him. Because ... it gladdens His heart.

Because. Of. Jesus.

No comments: