Monday, July 6, 2009

Half-Time!

Finally a bit more relaxed. Thank God for the wonderful time of service. Thank God truly for Hong Teck, Eilton, Alvin and Cheryl. They really brought down the house haha... Think Eilton, Hong Teck and Alvin especially can make a great comedy trio LOL.

Eilton as the funnyman-with-the-silly-face, Hong Teck as the scaredy-cat one and Alvin as the don't-mess-with-me guy... think got comedy chemistry =)

Anyway!~ I was very inspired by the Team Rally yesterday. :) The part where Michael shared about Sir Alex Ferguson giving his famous half-time 'motivational talk' aka 'Hair Dryer'... and the team gg on to score 5-2 haha.

We can do so much more for God with this CG. Was thinking about what HQ shared about the need for the core team to take more initiative to serve. So want to buck up and serve God all the more.

I'm especially inspired by CN and Christine. A truly, truly wonderful and godly couple. Loving God and serving Him together... seriously, if I marry, I want my marriage to follow their example. Me and my wife, going on missions trips tog, serving the other bros and sisters wholeheartedly, ministering in the callings God has for us... can't think of anything more exciting! Yay! They live out this verse: "As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." AMEN.

Ok! Beautiful stormy weather, 'cos we're all nice and cozy. Having dinner with Shawn. Sweet food. Even the durians were nice. LOL.

On the way back home, Sarah said something that encouraged me very much. She said, "You're as courageous as your shepherd." Gosh. Beamed inwardly when I heard that. 'Cos I was praying that I can imitate Peter in terms of his faith and courage. Reminded of a few verses from the Bible: "Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ." and "Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you. Consider their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Hee! :D Thank God. So encouraged. Because ultimately I want to grow in being like Christ in character. And I see Christ's character from seeing the characters of those who love and obey Him. Yay! Hope and pray that I can grow more and more like Jesus Christ too! And to lead others into Christlikeness too.

Which brings me back to the memory verse that we learnt in today's HopeKids service.
"Those who lead many others to do what is right will be like the stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12:3 (NIRV)
Yup! Let's be shining stars for Jesus, amen?

Shine your light
Be that city of light...

So yup! Want to buck up and work harder because of Jesus. To outreach and share the gospel with more and more people. And to enfold our newest CG bro (coming soon...). Exciting times ahead! Let's GO GO GO for GOD!

No comments: