Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stayed overnight last night at City Hall Starbucks to work on my freelance project. Lots of stuff to clear. God, I realise I really need to stay focused on what I need to do. You know what? I see this as Your training process for me in enabling me to do even greater things.

It's like those good ol' kungfu movies where the shifu gets his sincere (and bumbling) disciple to just stand on the spot carrying a heavy pair of buckets brimming with water. The shifu looks impassive as the disciple's face turns red from the stress and strain. And finally the disciple collapses to the ground in utter exhaustion and starts whining why it's taking so long - he just wants to learn kungfu!

And the shifu strokes his beard sagely and says, "Only when you learn to stop asking how long."

:) But yes, it was good. There's simply no substitute for hard work.

Met Weizhu after that. Great time catching up with him, and listening to his reflections on not only what he and Huichun did for their honeymoon, but also how they did things. Blessed by his insights.

Now gotta run for CG games. I'm late!

No comments: