Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I think I'm starting to get the hang of living a balanced life - one that has the right priorities in the right order. Realised that there's a lot of things that hinder me from serving God fully e.g. my melancholic nature that makes me sit up at nights and think for a long while, which results in me becoming very sleepy the next day.

Spurred in part by Eugene's sharing yesterday during Sub-D 242, about how to live a productive Christian life. To be the kind of person who bears much fruit.

It made me think. What are the things that God has called me to do, not only the big vision, but the small things as well? And what hinders me from finishing the work that He's called me to do?

Faithfulness in great things is built on the foundation of the very small things.

So I did something very small last night. I moved my computer chair to another room. I did it, because I was tired of being so tired because of my web-surfing at night. It's like that Silver Chair that bound Prince Caspian's son. =)

And it does make a difference. Now I retire to bed earlier, can spend more time with my parents, read the Bible more...

There's some things that have to be sacrificed inevitably. But the key thing is - which path will extend the Kingdom of God more - not only in ministry but also in work, in family, in discipleship, etc?

There is a proper time and procedure for everything.

No comments: