Saturday, October 18, 2008

How Can I Keep From Singing... A Thanksgiving Testimony :)


Just really want to praise God for His goodness to me.

My team and I got a letter of commendation from a satisfied customer yesterday. Wow. Praise God indeed.

Was thinking about the journey in my work so far.

My job search - whether to choose a job that would confirmed entail working long long hours or to wait and trust God for a better job. And Peter and me praying, asking God for a word. And the word of the Lord was: "Those who honour Me will I honour." (1 Samuel) Both of us had this same verse come to our minds independently.

And that same night I walked back home, God showed me the exact salary that He was going to give me for the job-to-come. Was very surprised, 'cos the impression was clear.

And how the interview went so well, and God caused my interviewer to show favour to me. And it turns out that my hearing impairment played a big role in my landing this job. Wow. God really really works everything so intricately.

And how from the first few months I struggled to adapt to working life. And that time I was so afraid I'd lose my job - but God had mercy on me, hearing my cry for mercy. And how over time He showed me much grace and favour, blessing me with kind colleagues to help me grow.

And how He blessed me with the conversion of my contract job to a permanent job one year early - on the last day of the missions trip to Kenya. Wow.

And now, the letter of commendation.

Wow. I'm reminded that I'm ultimately working for the LORD, not for men. "Those who honour Me will I honour." Not one of the Lord's promises has failed, not a single one.

And now, I'm looking forward to the next phase... hopefully He'll send me to Botswana one day. But before that will be the period of moulding. And shaping. And pruning. And forging. :) To grow and bless the company too, as salt and light in the workplace. As a servant of Christ.

Was thinking also of the idea of starting a fellowship group in ST. But need to consult God and some bros/sisters first.

Yup, yup. See how things go. Trust in God, no matter what happens...

This song, which we sang (with much joy and gusto) in the prayer meeting... it really is a very apt song to describe my walk with the Lord in my job so far. :) Let this be a thanksgiving offering to Him! :D Praise the Lord indeed!
Chris Tomlin - How Can I Keep From Singing
From the album See the Morning

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

Chorus:
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

Chorus:

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

No comments: