Sunday, August 24, 2008

Today was a very encouraging day! :) Just want to thank God for the sermon today... it was preached by Pastor Jo (I look forward to listening to his stories - he's an excellent storyteller :D).

The sermon topic was on evangelism as a foundation of our Christian walk. Was refreshed and felt the burden in my heart starting to increase for the lost again.

So at the end of the service, there was an altar call. Asked HQ about what they were praying for (since I couldn't hear Pastor Jo's invitation clearly). He asked me what I wanted to be prayed for. I told him, "For a greater burden for the lost."

He broke into a big grin, and said, "That was my prayer request to the House of Prayer team (our unit intercessory team) for today."

Wow! :)

So anyway, I went down to be prayed for. Two sisters prayed for me. They asked me what I wanted to be prayed for. I told them, "For greater burden for evangelism, and for increased skills."

Wow. Very blessed by what they prayed for. And, even more encouragingly, they shared these encouragements and exhortations to me:

June (one of the sisters, who's also church staff): "It's not the skills but rather, God working through you, that counts. Rely on the Holy Spirit for discernment to see whose hearts are open to Him."

And the other sister there added, "You must have faith to trust God to see these people come to know Christ."

Faith and discernment. Wow. So so so excitedly and deeply encouraged! :D

Praise God... and oh yes, Tai Heng called Huaqiang this week to join us for lunch. Very thankful to God that he not only calls me, but also Huaqiang. In fact, he enjoys the company of our caregroup. Anyway, some of the caregroup spent time chatting at Macdonalds and then TCC before going to watch Money No Enough 2.

Hee! It's really a great joy to evangelise, and share the good news! :D And evangelism is NOT a burden... when we are in continual close contact with the Father... praying and listening to Him through His Word, such that we can sense His Spirit telling us who's open, who's not... who's hungry, who's thirsty.... who has needs that we can help meet, and those whom we reach out to later.

It's a great delight to be working together with the Lord himself, in joint operation in sowing and reaping! :D Yeah!

No comments: