Saturday, August 23, 2008

2 Corinthians

I was starting to feel low again last night. And felt that even my breakthrough testimony was no testimony at all - felt it was totally useless and that I should go back and delete it. (One of the bro/sister had said something that made me feel quite hurt.)

So I called Weizhu after supper with my caregroup. Asked him to pray for me. After we hung up, I felt a sense of peace, and more importantly, becoming more clear-minded, so that I could pray more sound-mindedly. And then I started reading 2 Corinthians, because of a verse that I wanted to read up.

Wow. Very ministered by 2 Corinthians. Thank God for Weizhu's prayer for me, which helped draw me to the fresh springs of God's Word. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective! :)



2 Corinthians is starting to make a lot of personal sense to me. I find it so real, and thank God, the verses are very encouraging to me. He encouraged me (yet once again) that yes, I have weaknesses... but so what? To Him, I'm a jar of clay, so that the more beaten I am, the more Christ's death and life pours out of me.

There are so many more things that God barraged me with from 2 Corinthians - barrages of strong, powerful words. But so heartening! :) I learnt that when God comforts us in our troubles... He doesn't always take our troubles away from us, but He does give us the strength, joy and peace to keep walking on in our troubles. He does this, so that we can in turn strengthen others with the same fortifying we ourselves have gotten from Christ.

Comfort. I think a better word to use: Com-fortify. :)

God really spoke to me clearly through this book. He reminded me that it really doesn't matter who I am, but who HE is. His power really is made perfect through our weaknesses. I'm deeply encouraged when I see the hope that the Lord offers us: the hope of transformation for the better. :D Amen and hallelujah!

Just an impromptu testimony here of an example of Christ's power made perfect in oen of my weaknesses:

God has helped me grow in becoming more emotionally stable now. The way that I respond now is very, very different from the way I used to react last time when I was emotional ten years ago. Greater degree of self-control.

And also, my colleagues said this of me at work that nothing can make me panic. I was, like, wow, thank God. Because I'm naturally a very anxious person. But when I face problems at work, nowadays, this verse comes naturally to mind: "Do not be anxious about anything... [but pray about it to God.]" So prayer, over the years, has become an automatic response whenever I face a crisis.

And after I pray, I have this sense of peace that doesn't make rational sense to my colleagues ("You should be stressed/panicking about this!"). But I know that my God is with me - He is mighty to save. So am very thankful to God for how His command to pray has produced visible fruit in my life regarding overcoming my natural anxiety. :)

So that's why my colleagues have said that nothing can make me panic. Actually... truth is, I wanna panic. But I just remember that the Lord Almighty is with me. So cool, right? :D Thank God indeed.

Hee. Same here with my mum.

(Which reminds me. The best praying I ever did wasn't on my knees or in an overnight prayer meet. It was when I was hanging upside-down in the overturned van after the accident in Kenya. LOL... so funny now.)

So looking forward to living more and more of the new life that I have inherited from the Father through Christ Jesus my Lord and Saviour! :D Amen!

No comments: