Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm just wondering... a bit puzzled actually.

I searched for 'character' on biblegateway.com, but got only 8 results returned.
I searched for 'righteous', and got God knows how many entries.

Is this significant, or what does this mean, really? Does God want me to focus on being righteous before Him, or to work on my character?

I'm asking this, 'cos I want to see what the Bible has to say about character. From my understanding so far, it seems that God is not so much interested in a person's character rather than that the person has God in his heart.

Is righteousness = character? I don't know what the Greek/Hebrew translations say, so I'm stuck with the good ol' English versions....

I'm still investigating on this - feel free to drop any insights regarding this topic!

No comments: