Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Surrender (Finally)!

And ... after some thinking about Rob's sharing...

I think, from tonight onwards, I shall make the decision to enjoy my singlehood fully. :)

Which is about time, actually.

I'm tired of chasing pretty rainbows
I'm tired of spinning 'round and 'round
So I'm wrapping up all the dreams of my life
And at the feet of Jesus laying them down.

:)

Am talking right now with God even as I type this out. It's such a sense of relief, and a heart of joy, because I know I'm going to go all out for Him... to be fully on the battlefield as a good soldier of Christ. Not involved in civilian affairs, for I want to please my Commanding Officer. :)

Actually, come to think of it, it's been a gentle whisper in my heart the past few days. This gentle whisper asking me, "What am I doing here?"

I've been asking myself, ever since I came back from my missions trip to Kenya: "Lord, what am I doing here?" And where shall I go from here? What is Your role for me in fulfilling the Great Commission? How do my talents and skills and life experiences come together to finish the work You have given me?

And er... what's the work You've given me again? :P

To get into a relationship? Or to bring others into a relationship with the God of the universe?

You are the voice that called the Universe to be
You are the whisper in my heart that speaks to me


And I'm thinking about Jim Elliot and Eric Liddell. Men of God, who gave themselves fully to Him, whatever and wherever they were.

I just want to throw myself more and more fully, again and again, into His mighty hands.

And not to be afraid anymore of singleness, even if one day I become old and single. (I must confess, this is one of my deeper fears actually.)

But I hear the voice of the Lord calling, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

Life's really short. And it can be gone just like that. I should know. After that accident in Kenya, I mustn't take God's grace and mercy for granted.

I'm alive, because He has something for me to do here on earth.

Mm! :)

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, fill me anew. Fill me once again with Your burning zeal for the lost. Fill me once again, with the passion of the Christ. Fill me once again, with Your love for the lost, for the whole world to come to know You. Fill me once again, with your compassion and desire, to see all the nations at peace with You and with one another. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven!

Renew my first love for You, Lord Jesus. Renew this vision, the Great Vision to see all the nations of the world come before You. Because You really love the world. Renew my strength, my desire, to live life to the fullest. To live in every way possible, to be happy and enjoy the days of my youth, while they last - like what Pastor Ajith Fernando shared in the GoForth conference... to use every ounce of my youth to burn for You, Lord Jesus!

Remember me while I am young and single. Remember me while I am old and, if You so will it, married. Remember me even if I don't. Remember me with favour, oh my God. Remember me, Lord.

So now Lord, like Nehemiah and Ezra in the Bible, strengthen my hands to join in with my district's vision to reach out to the young adults and the young internationals too. This is missions work! Whoo-hoo! :D Lalala... sing a happy song... Lalala... praise Him all the day long...

Oops. Sorry Lord, I think I'm going nuts already. Haha. Delirious? :) Maybe. But why not? We've only one life each to live for Jesus... so let's live fully for HIM each day, that if He comes back suddenly today, He'll not find you or me napping on duty!

So... ok, I've got work to finish tonight. I'm supposed to help put up a website for the Hope Chile team some days ago, but I was doing the MM clip for the Hope Nairobi team... whoo-hoo! :D I'm so thankful to Jesus that He wants to use even a... classic procrastinator like me to do His wonderful work... I'm just a messenger, but oh wow, to be a messenger for my King... =) it just makes me want to sing...

Ok ok... work work... dulce et decorum est pro Dominus laboro.

No comments: