Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blog from Kenya

I'm here in Hampton House - thank God they have internet access. Just came back from a walk in Nairobi - to be honest, it's a bit polluted there, but otherwise fine.

Anyway! There's been a lot of things and a lot of places we went to... but I think the best moments were the times of fellowship spent with our 2 church planters and the Hope Nairobi caregroup. (We just finished visiting them at their workplaces and saw one of them off as she took a bus back to her hometown.)

God has been so good to us. :) And to me too. Last night I had a very good time getting to know Desmond (he's one of the ULs in Adults), and what he shared with me really encouraged me. But that one, have to share more.

Anyway, God has been answering my prayers and my objectives for this trip. Transformation - it's been a very very big eye-opener for me with regards to the culture, and there in the city, there's a big sense of isolation among the people - especially a sense of fear among the slum-dwellers. The feeling is very strong, so this is one need that Kenya has...

Time's running out. Share more soon! Pray for us!

No comments: