Saturday, June 14, 2008

Met up with Peter to talk about something today, with much tears and ranting on my part. Truly thank God for his encouragement. And for the 2 real-life stories that he shared with me to encourage me to continue trusting in God, even though it's been a very long struggle up "Hamburger Hill" indeed.

And for his classic one-liner:
"The finest gold comes from the hottest fire."

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
When you can't see the future
When you can't see His hands
Trust His heart...


It's amazing. During church camp, Peter asked me to pray for him that he may be an even stronger and better friend to me, and it really is coming to be so. God is honouring his prayer. And I am learning so much about being a true friend from this dear brother's life example.

He lived out for me Christ's unconditional love - he never taught me, but I saw it bright and clear in him. There are really very few men like him - I'm so blessed by God to be his sheep.

No comments: