Friday, June 20, 2008

After reading a dear friend's blog entry on her reflections after a short-term trip to Indonesia, I was very inspired by her faithfulness in reflecting. Reflecting! I have forgotten to reflect, to see how God has been working and how He has been good to me. I need to, to borrow a word from Clarence, offer a thanksgiving offering to my God.

And thank God so so so much for the meetup with Clarence today. I was deeply refreshed and encouraged and just so blessed. He shared with me a 45-minutes testimony of how God's Word has really refreshed him and given him so much joy and peace in his heart... whoa, whoa, whoa. I am so blessed and grateful to our dear heavenly Papa for blessing me with a dear friend and bro like Clarence. And for his initiative and love in initiating and committing to meeting up once a month to fellowship and just share about what God has been doing in our lives... and just enjoying each other's company. And his classic quote about being greedy for the things of God... haha, yes, I think it's very biblical... 'cos in 1 Peter it says, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so tt by it you may grow in your salvation, now tt you have tasted tt the Lord is good."

Amen! :D

We ended with a prayer over hot cups of tea from Starbucks. Bumped into How Joo and another bro too. Also got to meet Eileen and Jocelyn at Raffles City food court too. And also bumped into Jieyun and Peijing. And saw some of the NTU ppl, including Eng How.

And I was very pleasantly surprised by an unexpected answer to a whispered prayer today as well. I was praying to God for a particular person... and to my complete surprise, I met that person a few minutes right after! This is the 2nd time God has answered my prayer regarding that person...

The Lord really is good to those who trust in Him! Hallelujah!

A commitment here after the meetup with Clarence: To wake up half an hour earlier to just read the Bible every morning. Laziness brings on deep sleep, so think it's well worth it to fight my carnal nature, and put on daily my new self.

17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
Eph 4:20-24
20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.


Yeah and amen!

No comments: