Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back from Church Camp! =)

Haha... finally got time to blog. =) Now at my desk during lunchtime, waiting for some disk-partitioning task to complete.

40% complete.

The church camp really was great haha. 'cos of all the warm memories of the fellowship with the bros and sisters - esp with Jason and Clarence and Jonathan. :D

And it was a very meaningful time spent getting to know Jon better too... to be honest, he's becoming more and more a dear friend to me too =D

Thank God also for Jason's encouragement to me regarding being a shepherd... haha... it was so timely! =)

And for the small chat with Zhenzhong,

And for the times of sharing with Huaqiang - and esp one time when I felt so overwhelmed by my inadequacies that I just asked him to stand with me as I wept.

I learnt a lot during this camp about what it means to be an adult, and how to treat others as adults, with all the independence and respect that it entails.

It's an old truism by now, but it's worth repeating:

Adults ministry is very different from student ministry.

One of the biggest and most important differences is that we adults have their own independence, their own mindsets. You have to win their trust first. Also, they make their own decisions and find their own solutions to problems - it's what's expected of them.

So after some reflections, I realised that I was treating Jon like a student... but that isn't right. I apologised to Jon for what I'd been doing... and I'm very encouraged again by his humility and willing heart to learn. =)

In fact, I have much to learn from his patience and rational thinking actually. For an emotional person like me, this is a strength of his that I want to learn from him. =D

90% complete.

Haha, thank God esp for the great time of fellowship with Jason and Clarence too. On the first day of camp, we the Fantastic Four met up to discuss our camp objectives. First item on the list: Pillow Fight!

LOL. Second item: Tau-pok!

Haha... thank God for all-brothers' fellowship.

The teachings themselves spoke to me... not that much, to be honest... until on the third day, when I finally just took time to pray and worship God on my own, pouring out to Him all my fears, worries and inadequacies.

Then He spoke a particular verse to me. I read it. No bright beam of light descending on me, but just the knowledge and assurance that the verse that I was reading was meant for me.

Then encouragingly, after that quiet time with God, I was able to sense His presence much more clearly during praise and worship - which I haven't been able to do so for a long time, to be honest. And just felt so grateful to Him for that time of His presence... I really do need His presence more and more.

And the teaching that came after that, every point really spoke to me. It was the teaching on a united CG.

100% complete.

No comments: