Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Transfigured

Just spent a few hours of quiet time after work. It's been a slow week, and thank God for it. :) 'cos need rest, what with the flu and all that. (And this flu's a Bad Boy.)

Actually, have been thinking, how to use the free time fruitfully? I don't want to stuff it full of computer games (though a game of DOTA or Defcon would be nice), nor endless web-surfing. But neither do I want to stuff it with work, especially when it's unnecessary work.

So thought I'd spend the time having more quiet time with God. :) Especially since I want to sit down and learn to wait upon Him, just to hear His voice: "I am the Potter, and you are the clay..."

So tried waiting upon the Lord, and just, well, waited. And closed my eyes... and woke up an hour later. Arhh...

Waited on the Lord some more, and closed my eyes... and saw a vision of... my dog.

What? My dog? That's ... crazy. Shoo, Volvo. Go 'way you silly dog.

Oh! Maybe that was a dyslexic vision? ;D

Erm. Sorry. That's lame I know.

Anyway, continued my Bible reading, and just, well, appreciated the psalm... but no idea what God was telling me, if anything.

But I do remember one thing. I felt a quiet sense of peace in my heart.

Psalm 131
My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.


And I'm encouraged by that reminder, that sometimes, all God wants is just for you to wait on Him. Like a servant standing by his Master, like a squire standing by his Lord...

And funnily enough, when I came back home, I felt a greater inner strength within me. Less prone to random web-surfing, more joyful, just more ready to do His will. Reminds me of how Moses was literally glowing after his regular time with the LORD.

In the beauty of the lilies
Christ was born across the sea
With a glory in His bosom
That transfigures you and me...


Transfigured in the soul. It's a joy just to spend time with Jesus. :D

(But I do so want to hear a clear word from Him all the same.)

No comments: