Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hee! Thank God for today.

Met Jonathan in the morning over breakfast at City Hall Starbucks. Really good time catching up with this dear bro.

Then decided to go to St. Andrew's Cathedral to have my quiet time. Dropped by the Welcome/Visitor's Centre to take a closer look at a pamphlet I saw, and ended up being guided around the Cathedral by a sister in Christ (her name's Joan Choo), being given a comprehensive brief history. Whoa. So cool! Very blessed by her warmth and hospitality.

And she also shared with me how God gave a vision to her church during a Love Singapore prayer meet a few years ago, that He'd make a way for the church to build another sanctuary since the church had the (happy) problem of too many people trying to squeeze into a tiny sanctuary that could seat only 600 people. The vision was that of people going up from the underground into the church. Odd vision, to be sure, but in due time, the prophecy came true, and SMRT offered the St. Andrew's church the use of some of the surface ground (since SMRT had to use some of the church's underground grounds) - which was enough to build an additional chapel and a visitor's centre.

So blessed to see how the Lord is working in the churches of our fellow brothers and sisters, no matter how big or how small, to impact every sector, every corner of the world!

To be honest, I was telling God that how I wish my own church had a nice building right smack in the middle of City Hall, like St. Andrew's has... to reach out to the people around us! But think God reminded me that He's already given my church a very strategic position right smack in the middle of Orchard Road... to be a nexus to impact people all over Singapore... in fact, He's coordinating and strategising the different churches in Singapore to impact and touch different areas of our society, and ultimately, the world too.

So was very awed to see how God is working out His Masterplan to redeem and transform the world. The question is, do you and I want to join Him in His Masterplan too?
Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


(Oh. That reminds me. I never got to read that pamphlet after all. LOL)

Then went for the second session of the Parenting 123! Course. The instructor, Janette, again enthralled us with her highly animated and yet also highly practical stories about how to take care of children. It's so interesting! And also very blessed - I shared with her about my church's children ministry and whether she has any courses that will be relevant to meet the needs of the children... she offered to conduct a FREE workshop for us!

I went, "What? Whoa!"

She said, "Don't worry... if it's for the Lord's work, I'll do it for free! Just pass around a love offering, that's all."

I was so touched and super-encouraged by her servant heart. This sister is a shining example that no matter how old or how young you are, whether you are a freshman or a mother of three kids - as long as your heart is willing to be used by the Lord, He can use YOU to impact an entire generation of people! People from every nation, every tribe, every people and every language!

This encourages me very much, 'cos something I learnt is that true spirituality is timeless. It is ageless. God really doesn't care in a sense how fast or how slow we grow... whether we serve in huge roles or small roles... what He really desires is a humble heart that is willing to GROW.
No matter where we stand,
As long as we repent,
He will lend us His hand.
And use us to bless this land!


Gosh. Read Lois' blog and was blessed to read about the Geylang ministry where they go to share God's love to the poor/sick people... think something like that. And to be honest, I feel an increasing stirring in my heart.

I'm asking God - where do You want to send me? I know You've called me to children's ministry... but erm, specifically what area of children's ministry? To minister to orphans? Or to feed hungry families? Or to educate children? Or to disciple children within the church? Or what?

There's so many things here. But one thing I really want to thank God Almighty for is that He is able to do far more than all we could ask or even dare to dream of. Amen!

Hee! Feel so much more refreshed after sharing my hopes and dreams in this entry. What a change - I was feeling so tired, didn't feel like blogging to share... But I do believe it's important to share our faith actively and consistently and faithfully 'cos it also helps ourselves too to have a full understanding of what our spiritual inheritance is.

Philemon 6
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.


Seriously, our spiritual inheritance in Christ is really, really, really amazingly rich. I've discovered for myself, encouraged on by the testimonies and sermons that my dear pastors and leaders have preached and shared... that we serve a really great and amazing God. Faith that can move mountains... heal the sick... using every single possible opportunity (by God's grace) to exercise faith and pray for God to move... and I've seen Him respond every single time. It's so amazing, so encouraging, so exciting!

Not just so... I've been reading the Old Testament, reading about the lives of Elijah and Elisha... and something I realise was that if God worked with such decisive power and certainty even in the days of the Old Testament... how much more will He work even more abundantly in these days of the New Testament!

I really do believe that these are the last days, and God has already poured out His Spirit unto all people. Sons and daughters, young and old, men and women... He has poured out His Spirit, and even though we can't comprehend or fully grasp the magnitude of what He is doing, rest assured that He is very actively working in the hearts of millions even now all over the world even as I type these very words. The last trumpet is going to sound, and all the dead will hear, and very soon, the Lord Jesus Himself will return. Whether it's tomorrow or a thousand years from now... but yes, He IS coming back.

And we have to share in His burden for the lost. Whether rich or poor, wise or foolish... everyone has a need that nothing in this world can ever be met. And that is why God sent a Saviour.

It doesn't matter if you're a bed-ridden believer or a sprinting sportsman... As long as you have the heart, and you're willing to start... and as long as you're willing to obey God fully... then throw yourselves into His hands and see what He can do with you!

:D Just want to encourage whoever's reading this to take heart, and to ask God to use him/her as He pleases... He will most certainly use you in one way or another, as long as you are willing!
I have a destiny I know I shall fulfill
I have a destiny in that City on a hill
I have a destiny it's not an empty wish
For I know I was born for such a time as this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow brother, I share yr sentiments :) There're so many diff areas to serve in. All are exciting opportunities to serve. But we cannot look at ourselves cos we get discouraged when we see the diff needs, but we can be encouraged because we serve a great and mighty God! :) Not only is He great and mighty, He is also a loving and compassionate God. Thank God for how He is speaking to u and yr heart of faith!

Anonymous said...

wow. i like reading ur entries. continue to claim your destiny in christ.

Anonymous said...

Thanks lois and tsl for your encouraging comments! :D