Monday, April 28, 2008

Dear Lord I still have strong feelings of inadequacy in all these things and situations tat You put me in.
But feel very grateful to God for Eph 3:8... because whenever memories of my failures and inadequacies come to mind (and they come almost every day)... this verse never fails to come to mind, like a powerful wind blowing away all my anxiety:

Ephesians 3:8
"Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ..."


Amazing! Grace that blows all fears away! :D This verse gives me a strong, sweet and secure hope that He can use even someone like me - less than the least of all God's people! Hallelujah! God is indeed so great, so powerful... who can stand before Him? who can comprehend His infinite wisdom? Who can fathom the depths of His love? He is beautiful beyond description indeed, too marvellous for words! :D

So, Father, let these daily feelings of inadequacy make me put my hope in You even more. Thank You for what Jason shared with me last Sat... tt he also finds himself constantly put into situations, be it work or ministry or life in general, tt he doesn't feel confident... but he said it's a good thing, because it helps him depend on God even more.

Let me idiotically put my faith in You, for You are the only wise God who turns idiots into wise men (and vice-versa). :D

Be glorified in my weaknesses, Daddy, and show Yourself strong.

And in my eyes, and in my song, be magnified, O Lord.
Be magnified, O Lord
You are highly exalted
And there is nothing You cannot do
O Lord, my eyes are upon You...


In Jesus' beautifully big name, amen. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi brother, I just wanted to encourage you, something that my leader encouraged me with. That it is good that we feel inadequate about the task that we are asked to do. Because that is the correct feeling to have. ;) In a way we have a problem if we feel totally adequate for the tasks God calls us to do. Our adequacy is only in Christ, and when He puts us in a place of discomfort, it is a time whereby we rely on Him, and we build up our faith to see our God moving mountains. =) May you be strengthened in Him during the stretching times. He will make rivers in the desert ;)
Isa 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

Thank God for yr heart to serve Him! :) JIA YOU!

Anonymous said...

Amen! :D Thanks so much dear sis for your encouragement!