Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So I wrote in my previous blog post: What on earth, for heaven's sake, am I supposed to do with my free time? :)

Was thinking... let's see. Itemize...
- Could use this time to catch up with friends.
- Invest in stuff that help propel me towards God's life purpose for me. (think that means training myself in children's ministry)
- Train myself in godliness. (This one is a definite must. That's what I learnt in the sermon on Sunday... training requires commitment, regularity and hard work.)

So implementation:
- Hopefully can meet up with a friend on Friday, and Weizhu on Saturday
- Use tonight to read up the Visual Storytelling book. Thinking of signing up for the Compassion Initiative...
- Read a few Christian books. Weizhu lent me "Passion and Purity", a book by Elisabeth Elliot. It's a very rich and meaningful book. :) Do read it, you'll be encouraged to trust God's timing for your relationships.
- Serve others... good question. How? Oh, my mum, yes. I can help her. Then ... vet a friend's resume/cover letter.

One thing I've been thinking about, but I'm seeking God for advice:
Was inspired by Jitsy's example of her NOC batch's social project for migrant children, so was thinking what can I do for children here in Singapore?

Puzzled. And also a bit hesitant. How much time, commitment... energy, especially, can I give? And is it really what God would have me do at this particular moment in time?

Think the answer I get from Him is, "No, not this one. Go finish your media plan for the HopeKids video camp. You'll gain the necessary experience and skills to do greater things from this project that you're doing for Me. Learn to lead the team, and raise up new leaders."

Ok! Think feel more relieved now. =) More settled now that there's a plan in place. Lord, I commit into Thy hands! In Jesus' name amen!

Oh yes. Am thinking of signing up for the Parenting 123 course. It's a crazy idea - I mean, I'm a single unmarried young professional, and it'll be super-odd. But was thinking the skills I'll learn...

Hmm. *Takes a step back* It does look odd indeed.

Should I sign up, or should I not? Ah. Maybe I go ask Hong Teck for his advice, whether it'd be beneficial for the HopeTots ministry.

No comments: