Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stretched

Thank God for the things that have happened recently. As I had shared with Huichun over dinner, God has been really, really good to me, when I step back and look from the macro-view. To see how He has been hearing my prayers and even perseverance over the past half of the year.

But I must confess that right now, here at the ground level of life, now that I'm serving more in ministry and taking care of people even more, and even in work, I feel very stretched, to be honest.

It's very touching to see how God has been protecting me here and there - he's put me into a really great team in my company, where we readily look out for one another and help one another. And where the older members'll actually take the initiative to share their insights, past experiences with us younger ones. It isn't often that you'll see this kind of camaderie in the working world. But that is how I know God has been protecting me, "hemming me in before and after with his hand". Because politics in the workplace out there is real, just as real as the wars I read about in the news.

Hmm. Also, just feeling an ache in my heart. To reconnect to God, and more importantly, to put more eagerly His words into practice. I was very touched by Tracy's testimony yesterday in unit 242. It was her childlike faith and eagerness to put what she had learnt into practice from the previous unit 242, and how she experienced the fruit that came from changing her mindset.

It puts that "pearly ache" in my heart to want to practice immediately what God has taught me from the Bible. Even the Lord Jesus himself said so: "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."

I remember the joy when Ps Jo shared with us about praying in faith, and I put that sermon into practice, and I saw how real God is, answering my prayers here and there. To touch His reality, to see His wonders... to know that God is equally real in today's era as in the days of the Exodus and the early church.

*Muses*

I want to live life on His terms. To love Him more, to love people more. So stretch me Lord, and sweeten my soul. In Jesus' name amen.
2 Corinthians 4
7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

No comments: