Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thank You Father. :) For such a sweet & blessed weekend, esp with Robert, Weizhu, Jon, Yufen and Spencer. And the time with the little ones again today, and the lunch with Hong Teck haha. But I think more important than all these was the quiet time with You in the evening.

You know, it's been such a long time since I really spent quality time with You. I realise that what my soul really needed during this time was not a "structure" in the sense of going through my daily Bible readings, or even praying... but just being still in Your presence, and just enjoying Your creation. To gaze upon what You have made and to know that You are God.

It's like what David wrote in Psalm 23. That You are my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. :) Yeah. And You know, I really felt so touched when I found myself just starting to talk with You like a man does with his friend. I remember Ps Jeff preaching last time in his 'Drawing Near to God' series, about having a 'Starbucks' moment with You - you know, the table of showbread that symbolised the communion of fellowship in Your presence? :) Yeah, that one. Haha.

But yes! I was talking with You... and then I just felt Your voice speaking to me. It's so strange. That I can't hear Your voice audibly in the normal sense, yet I sensed it strongly. A gentle whisper. I recognized it as Your voice, like how You spoke to me the other times. And of course, when You spoke to Elijah the prophet too, it was in a soft gentle whisper. :)

So we chatted... when You then asked me, "How are you, Yeu Ann?" It was that kind of gentle tone that means You really want to know how I've been and what I've been up to. I went, "Lord, surely You know, don't You? You know all things, after all!"

And You said, "Yes, I know how you are, and what you've been doing. But... I want to hear it straight from you. From your mouth. I want to hear you sharing it to me personally. :)" Wow. Felt so touched, that I teared. That You, O Sovereign Lord, even though You know all things, that You know the names of all the stars in all the galaxies of the universe... should actually want to know how I am? What is yeu ann, that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him?

*pause*

Yeah. So I shared with You, and I realised that I had a hard time expressing how I felt. But You gently prompted me with a couple of questions (like how Peter would also ask me questions when I got stuck), so that I could answer more deeply. And yes, You assured me that You are with me, and reminded me of what You have promised in Your Word. And I was amazed when You told me that You not only put me in the workplace to learn and train me... You also put me in the office to be a comfort and a support to a couple of my colleagues. :) Wow. I didn't see it that way before. But yes, I am Your servant... to those who love You, You encourage and comfort. Blessed be Your name!

Hmm yeah. Then of course, You know what the next thing was on my mind. So haha, I found it very funny when You asked me some of the questions that You asked me. But thanks for listening, Father! It really encourages me. And yes, I shall be patient. :) I am so grateful that You really know what is dear to my heart, and You do see - You are the God Who Sees, after all. And thankful too that Yufen, when she listened to what I had shared in my prayer request, understood what I meant, and prayed. It really makes a difference. So I pray that You grant me the peace that surpasses all understanding. Peace! :)

So thank You Father. I just want to say it's been such a great time hearing from You personally... and wow, You are truly humble and gentle in heart, and I have found rest for my soul. You are my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. And thank You, Father, for being my dearest friend. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to save me from my sins. Thank You so much Father. :D In Jesus' most precious name I pray amen. :)

No comments: