Sunday, June 20, 2010

Different CGs But Same Same =)

Joined my first caregroup with Hopekids today. Very blessed by Hannah and Deborah. Hannah, in her usual sanguine way, pumped my hand so cheerfully that I was still bouncing after her hand-pumping. And she gave me a detailed FAQ and intro and orientation to the HK CG in the space of just five minutes. Haha.

Deborah and Eugene, her fiancee, welcomed me over lunch. She asked me, "What's the biggest difference between your old CG and the new CG?" I thought about it and said, "The number of guys." Haha. But more seriously, I told her, I didn't really think so much about the differences as I did the similarities - that no matter which CG we are in or which ministry - we serve God in different ways, but the heart is still the same - whether NG4B1 or the HopeKids caregroup.

Very blessed by the HopeKids people. A really sumptuous Japanese dinner at Sakae Sushi with the CG people... haha... it's full of family people and working people, btw. So much opportunity to learn from their wisdom and experiences too. =D

And I think that's one of the most important things when making the transition: to see what is the same, not so much the difference. Because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. But we mustn't long for everything to be the same as before. All new growth requires a dying of the old. So we also have to look forward to what is different. Not just be different, but making a difference. :D

So now... moving over to the new CG, I went in with a different desire - not a desire to be welcomed, but a desire to go in and bless the CG. And I did do my best, as naturally as possible... and to my very pleasant surprise, my new CG really blessed me even more than I expected. Which made me think about how God really wants us to be towards one another: "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honour one another above yourselves."

No comments: