Monday, June 7, 2010

"Engaging contemporary society". "Loving People?". "Why should I care?".

These entries from Ps Ben's blog resonated with me. It's such a joy to discover that you're thinking the same thing like what finer minds than mine have been thinking! And comforted, because I know I'm not alone in my concerns. Hee. Sweet to know that a pastor from your own church is speaking what is on your own mind.

But more importantly, Ps Ben wrote about HOW the Church can make a difference in today's society - to be relevant and "in the world" even though we are not of the world.

A much sounder idea, IMHO, than just aiming to be "culturally relevant" - which I believe is not balanced nor edifying when it comes to building strong and biblical people. Do read Ps Ben's entries yeah? Very much worth thinking about - especially now that we're in the year of intentional discipleship.

No comments: