Friday, March 7, 2008

UN warns on food price inflation


The head of the UN World Food Programme has warned that the rise in basic food costs could continue until 2010. [read more...]

As I read about all these food inflations, I see a trend... and I'm reminded that Jesus said that these are how the world is going to be like at the last of the last days. And in Revelation 6, the Bible says this of God's judgement on the earth:
5 When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, “Come!” I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, “A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day’s pay. And don’t waste the olive oil and wine.”


Perhaps the Bible verse above is meant to be literal or figurative or allegorical, or all of them, and then some more... but whatever the above verse means, it does seem to me that Jesus is going to come back very soon!

I don't want to be caught unprepared. Let's help one another be ready for the Lord's return! And if you haven't received Christ into your heart yet, you can find out more here. Feel free to post any questions here on this blog!

No comments: