Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Season of Spring

Haha, been updating my blog less now, 'cos I've been busy with ministry and just spending time with dear friends. Thank God that work's really much more relaxed at the moment. =)

Am now on course till end of the week - IBM OOAD design. Really thank God for my company sponsoring me - it costs $4K. But bonded for 3 months after that. :P

Went for Love Africa meeting today. Daniel, a bro who went church-planting in South Africa, was there to answer our questions about going to Africa for missions. Feel increasingly excited at the possibility of going to Africa for tentmaking. =) Seriously, have been thinking about the possibility of setting up an IT business over there next time... social enterprise too - perhaps train interns in the latest software development techniques, and help them adapt Western software development techniques to fit the African markets. Just some ideas!

But more likely, I do hope (and have prayed) that when the time is right, God'll open doors for me to be posted to work overseas in Botswana, since my company (ST Electronics) has an office there. It'll be great exposure to learn more things e.g. African working culture and get the opportunity to network with people there =) Plus of course, bless my company too hee =)

Then... went around with Weizhu and Huichun on Sunday at the newest terminal in Changi Airport, Terminal 3. We took photos, and had a very sweet time of fellowship over tea at one of the cafes. Robert and Melissa were there too. Very heartwarming to see these two couples in Christ. =) May they not only fall in love - may they grow in love as God would have them be! Amen!

Actually, talking about BGR, Daniel told us that families and single working professionals are the best kind of people to go for missions in Africa. Because families lend stability and are able to provide emotional and mental support (since husband and wife can care for one another), but are less mobile. Whereas singles are more mobile, and available in terms of time, but potentially more vulnerable to feeling lonely etc. So these two groups complement one another.

But attached courting couples - not really recommended if it mean separation. Otherwise they'd be emotionally distracted.

I'm not sure about God's timetable for me, but I'll trust His heart for me. =) For He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future! :D

And actually, am feeling awfully excited about this year. :D 'Cos now things are moving in terms of ministry... God has graciously and kindly helped me adjust my mindset in adapting to adults ministry, and now I am enjoying the work that I do.

By God's grace, we're moving on in producing the HopeKids video, and if God wills it, we'll be able to produce movies and videos consistently for the HopeKids ministry. That will be a great breakthrough for the children's ministry since in order to impact the children through media, a constant and consistent flow of media is necessary to influence and impact them. It's about training them, and training them to be godly is not a once-off thing. It's a constant discipline.

I remember Yanjie telling me that he wants to stay single for God at this time in his life, because right now it's "the season for war". He was referring to the Bible in 2 Samuel that says, "In the spring, the time when kings go off to war..."

True, same here. =) To be single-hearted, single-minded for God. It isn't easy, but I have determined to stay the course, to stay loyal to my Lord... I should be giving my utmost for His Highest, yea, pledging fealty to my liege... (sounds very solemn and knightly).

Which is so concidental haha. 'Cos I just finished reading a children's book that I bought from Borders last Friday. It's a story of Sir Gawain, a knight of King Arthur's court, and his young squire, Terence. Very well-written, the story - humorous at some parts, gripping at others. Bought the children's book 'cos wanted to widen my literary readings... to get a fresh insight into children's literature. And I discovered that pictures do play a very important role in children's literature.

But not just any kind of pictures. The pictures should help to contribute to understanding the flow of the story. So no "still" drawings (as I read in a very stilted story about some Magic Tree) that had absolutely doe-eyed creatures... doing nothing but staring at you in the face. Creepy, in a kawaii kind of manner.

Asterix and Obelix - dear friends! Couldn't stop laughing at the outrageous puns in the comics - there was an omnibus edition that I stumbled upon. One friend was telling me last time about one of her most favourite jokes from the comic:
Panicky Roman soldier: "Sir! The slaves are revolting!"
Bored Roman governor: "Oh yes, I agree. They are."


Anyway it's been awfully meandering, this post. Lots more stories to tell...

No comments: