Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Singing right now from my heart thanksgivings to God, even as I'm helping my mum right now with her schoolwork (she's a teacher, you see, and teachers - especially MOE teachers - need all the help they can get)...

Singing, 'cos it's a new song - a new song to thank God for how He's changing my heart to be more and more willing to help my mum with her schoolwork - her love language's acts of service, you see, and mine is definitely not. But God has been answering my prayers to grow in this heart attitude of having a servant's heart.

Singing, 'cos an epiphany came upon me just now. A new song to the Lord can only come from a new heart.
To sing a new song of service to my Lord,
To sing a new song of worship to my God
To sing a new song as a praise offering
As a new act of service to the Servant King


:D Te amo, Senor...

Edited to add:
And reflecting on the past few days, it's amazing to see how God, as always and truly, is faithfully answering my earnest prayers to grow in a servant's heart. The main reason I've been praying to grow in servant's heart is because of what HQ told me, to learn to see the needs of others, to become less self-absorbed. Not that I'm not trying, but I have to train myself to grow.

So thanking God for His faithfulness and goodness to me, because He is helping me train myself to become more Christlike to see the needs of others, AND do it with a cheerful and willing heart. Like how my colleague asked me to buy some ice-cream for him from the supermarket.

Realised that my heart was very eager and willing to do so - this can only be the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in my life!

And to help a friend borrow a camera...

And a few things here and there. Gosh, all these scenes of service flash by - I realise now God was prompting me to do all these.

The reason I'm writing all these down is not to show how serving i am, but to remind myself of the truth of Scripture: It is not I, but Christ, who lives in me, and who is doing all the good work that you see. 'Cos the previous tenant in the body of Yeu Ann is now dead and gone. =) And I've never been so alive before haha.

Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."


What a thrilling joy to witness the exceedingly dynamic transforming power of the Holy Spirit's sanctifying work in a sinner's heart! Only Jesus can do something like that in my extremely self-centred heart...

Just feel very happy :) Lalala... But tis' so true, as the Lord Jesus Himself said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." Amen! Amen! Amen! :)

Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."


:D

No comments: