Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Great Cup of Tea

This is taken from the Dr. James Dobson Bulletin for June, 1998

Have you noticed that children sometimes try to be helpful, but it
makes your life more complicated?

I heard a story about a mother who was sick with the flu. Her darling
daughter wanted to be a good nurse. She fluffed the pillows and
brought a magazine for her mother to read. And then she showed up
with a cup of tea.

"You're such a sweetheart," the mother said as she drank the tea. "I
didn't know you could make tea."

"Oh, yes," the little girl replied. "I put the tea leaves in the
water like you do, and I boiled it, and then I strained it into a
cup. But I couldn't find a strainer, so I used the flyswatter."

"You what?"

And the little girl said, "Oh, don't worry, mom. I didn't use the new
flyswatter. I used the old one."

No comments: