Friday, November 30, 2007

We All Can Play A Part. But Will You Play?

I was reading Andrew's blog, and was very blessed by his short but sweet posts, when I stumbled upon Zachary's blog from a link on Andrew's blog: Don't Get Lost in the Process

And I'm so awed by Zach's depth of insight and analysis in many small things.

And I'm reminded of Hong Teck's meditative contemplations and Pastor Jeff's inspiring words.

And ... I wonder, asking myself, who am I compared to these men of God? I've already been feeling so inadequate in the past week.

But this quote from one of Zachary's posts encouraged me very much - and I pray that it encourages you too:
Because we are imperfect, we have infinite number of weaknesses; you will never finish solving all the problems. Because God is perfect, He has infinite strengths; you will never finish counting all his blessings. So quit counting your problems. They are infinite as long as you are on Earth.
The day you have no more problems, you are in heaven.
The day you have no more blessings, you are in hell.



And here, I remember that Hong Teck shared during the recent HopeKids Leaders Retreat about his own struggles with his inadequacies when he was serving as a care-leader with co-leaders who were more skillful and powerful than him, and how discouraged he was by a well-intentioned "encouragement" during that time, telling him "not to lead by fear, but by love." He was discouraged at that time, because he already knew that, and here he shared frankly, that even though now, that advice is very good for him, back then, what he would have appreciated more would be some encouragement in helping remind him of the strengths he already had - e.g. his patience and caringness, rather than his timidity and shyness.

I was, and am, especially inspired by Hong Teck's testimony... personally, I think he has been one of the more influential persons in my life in terms of the way he lives. Because think he has a similar personality to mine, with some similar weaknesses... and his life is a wonderful story of God's transforming grace. So I look up to him as one of my key role models, in teaching me to grow as a leader, and in future, if it's God's will, as a good father - sorry! make that the best father (to quote HT) "in Singapore, JB and some even say Batam!" :)

Dear friend! Now is the Christmas season... will you take the time to help someone understand a little more about the Greatest Gift of All given 2000 years ago? Thank God for June reaching out to her colleagues (as she shared during unit 242)... that inspires me very much too. :)

So never mind how weak we are - only let us live up to what we have already attained. And let us keep pressing on every day to God's prize for each one of us in heaven. Let's remember why the Church is still here on earth - to finish what the Son of Man started: to seek and save the lost. And let us remember that Jesus is with us all the way!

Looking forwards to posting even more positive posts!

No comments: