Saturday, November 17, 2007

Tears are the meltwaters of an icy soul.

Just finished worshipping the Lord just now... it's been such a long time since I last had a good quality time with Jesus. :D

To be honest, my heart was starting to feel tired and dry again (we all do...), especially after a slowly mounting workload. But thank God so much for His faithfulness, even when I don't seek Him many, many times... He still graciously calls me back to Him.

And somehow, all the songs that I came across in my (borrowed) songbook, were especially meaningful. :) As I played the second-last song, which goes like this,
"It's so good oh Father God
To be back in Your presence..."
, tears started welling up in my eyes.

And it struck me that I haven't been this close with God for a long, long time. Close, in the emotional sense - for we are to love Him with all our souls (emotions) too. And at that moment, this phrase came into my mind: "Tears are the meltwaters of an icy soul."

It just strikes me as meaningful, because all so often we retreat, we withdraw away from the warmth of His love, the steadfast fire of His truth, and into our own little worlds, the winter of discontent sets in, and our souls grow colder and colder. Our souls become like the winter of Narnia, before Aslan stepped in.

But! when we draw back to Jesus, who "is the radiance of God's glory...the exact representation of his being", He melts the icy coldness in our timid souls. And as I think about this... it's like... a glacier melting, and a mighty river of courage begins to flow.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i like that phrase. 'tears are the meltwaters of an icy soul'.

Only God can tear down barriers we set around our hearts that keep Him out at times and touch us to be broken and poured out before Him.

Anonymous said...

hey tsl! :D thanks a lot... i find tat v meaningful! :)