Tuesday, November 27, 2007

i'm here now at my computer, after an okay's day worth of work.

felt inadequate over many things, but went for a short walk and prayed. and i think God encouraged me with Psalm 73 and this verse: "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."

need that Divine encouragement, bcos i was thinking about the hopekids retreat that i went to over the past few days. very encouraged and inspired by the lessons that hong teck taught us, even tho, to be honest, as i shared with hong teck, it wasn't easy there since i was the only guy besides another bro (and he had to leave one day earlier).

it wasn't easy, becos there are very few male volunteers in hopekids, and i have a dream. i dream of seeing strong and biblical young men and women of God rising up from this ministry. hee hee... perhaps it's inspired greatly in part by my own sunday school experience... i was the odd kid out, the Difficult One, the Problem Kid, in my sunday school class. and as a result, i didn't like church (to put it kindly).

but Jesus is so good. He helped me see who He really is, and what His Church is really meant to be all along. and i have fond memories of some Christians who shared or imparted to me, as i grew up...

little seeds planted into a child's soul, that God grew in His perfect timing.

hee hee! :D so now, this sunday school dropout is now a sunday school teacher. isn't God so COOL?

which brings me next to Boundaries, the book that Peter gave me for my birthday. it's one of the best books that i've ever read in my whole life (and i don't use that term lightly), 'cos it helped me understand why i behave the way that i do right now, and how to grow, etc etc...

sorry, if this post's hard to read. just in a melancholic-contemplative mood right now... but God help me!

No comments: