Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Boundaries

Am reading this book by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Got this book as a birthday gift from Peter. It's a very good book on when to say "Yes", and when to say "No"... to know where to draw the line, and where to make yourselves more available/open.

And as I read, I realised some misconceptions that I had or have, and how God sent people, especially my shepherds, into my life to teach me the way. A lot of points for reflection - 'cos I realised how many misconceptions I had that stopped me from wanting to mature, to grow... how many false things I believed about myself, and ingrained patterns of behaviours that I only now have started to recognise... and thanksgiving too.

Thanksgivings, because over the years, especially the past two years after I turned back to God and really asked Him to heal my mind, that He began working His truths into my heart and mind in very beautiful ways. It's so true, what Jesus said: "If you hold to my teachings, you are truly my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."

As I thought back upon my life, think, with God's help, I can understand better now why I am the way that I am now... and how to grow into the new Yeu Ann that He wants me to be. *pause*

Lots of things here to think about...

No comments: