Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Quarter-Life "Crisis" part II

So... back after the commercial break. ;)

"Where do I go from here?"
Have been thinking about the media industry in Singapore. Somehow, to be honest, it really doesn't seem easy to establish a niche there, and I'm starting to wonder - what was I ever thinking of when I said I wanted to do something for Him in this area?

But I remember Peter's words again: "Media is important, because it has the power to influence the minds and thoughts of people. It won't be easy, but I have faith in God that this is possible."

Thank God for my dear shepherd again... how he faithfully exercises this gift of faith to strengthen my own weak faith.

Think God also scolded me during the worship time today, when we were worshipping Him, and Jasmine led us into an extended time of prayer. I was pouring out to God about this worry, my doubts, and how can this be possible?

Then He brought the passage about Peter asking Jesus to ask him to come to Him on the water... and Jesus said, "Come." Then Peter really did step out of the boat onto the water. Best!

But then, Peter started noticing the waves and the wind, and started getting afraid. Starting to sink, he cried out, "LORD! HELP ME!!!" (I think he failed his swimming proficiency test.)

Jesus reached out and took his hand, and chided him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

That rhema word, together with quite a lot of other things e.g. the verses that He spoke to me during QT, the sharing from other brothers and sisters... God never fails to keep on encouraging me! Wow... His encouragement keeps on coming in, filling my heart with courage... because I really leak very fast. :P But He is INCREDIBLY patient and gracious with me... wow...

Even during the praise and worship today and the Unit 242 yesterday... there really were so many encouragement verses that He was dropping right in front of me, yet I did not take notice of... but He still keeps on dropping "love letters" to me... I really really really cannot comprehend the vast depths of His love for all creation!

Just read this from Hong Teck's blog - wow! it really spoke to me.
Her lesson for us is to continue to do things we see in the vision that God has given us even though everybody else don't see it. One day when all things come into place people may only see it then...

So many things... Lord, help me remember... because at the end of it all, at the end of my life, I really do so want to "bring something that's of worth, that will bless Your heart..."

Even from a poor beggar like me. Because You are one rich King... who became poor for our sake. "All for love's sake became poor..."

I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

2 Corinthians 8:8-9

And even my worries abt finding my "missing rib", but yup, trust God to provide in due time... :) hee hee... seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well! aMeN!

So here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say
That You're my God

You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful
You are to me...

No comments: