Sunday, November 12, 2006

God's correction to me

Thank God! He answered my prayer for help immediately after I tried searching for an answer to my programming problem for an HOUR... So shared this with Eugene... and he reminded me to ask God for the answers as a first resort, not as a last resort. aMeN!
Forgive me Father, I've forgotten the basics... but thank You for graciously reminding me... even tho this is something SO basic... because I keep on forgetting the basics of walking close wif You when I'm under stress... but it's good training for the working world. aMEN!

And thank YOu for Your patience with me... You remind me that even my schoolwork is a ministry unto You... EVERYTHING belongs to You. Not just "spiritual" things, but also my schoolwork.

I must learn to humble myself more and get down on my knees in my heart to keep asking Daddy to give me what I need.

Total dependance, total surrender - a broken and contrite heart He will not despise.

*******
This verse came to mind as I was praying just now:
2 Corinthians 1:8-9 "Indeed in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead."

Isaiah - God's rebuke to me:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength..."

And I HAVE BEEN DOING THAT. It really displeases God.

"But blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust..."

Yup! I repent, Lord... help me change - becos I really cannot. In Jesus' most precious name, amen!

Application points -
Think this is a test to show me where I ACTUALLY look to for strength when I'm exhausted...
and arh, I realised I've flunked again.

But I shall get up again, and keep looking up to Jesus.

"Not by might, not by power, but by His Spirit", says the LORD Almighty...

Yup, am still praying to Him to help me grow in maturity - especially emotional maturity. I know He will answer this prayer of mine... because He is faithful, the One who makes me righteous and holy in His sight.

No comments: