Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just an excerpt from an email I sent to my Cambodia missions team sharing with them about my HK trip so far.
[...] Haha thank God glad can access internet from hotel. abt SGD2 / hr... but have to buy min of 4 hr (non-stop). Haiz... oh! we went to HK Disneyworld today! gosh... it was FANTASTIC.. hahaha... once in a lifetime experience... haaaaaaaa.... i show u the photos when i return k! =D

and have to exercise when i return... we are eating like crazy over here... :P eat, drink and be merry, for tml we EXERCISE...

Oh yah, managed to drop by and visit Hope HK... missed the sunday service, but one of the CLs told me there's a prayer meeting this friday... so i can drop by if free... haha... and i got to know this dear bro, Ah Hoi... he pioneered Hope HK's hearing-impaired ministry! whoa... now it's 2 CGs strong, 25 ppl... God has really used Ah Hoi a lot... and Ah Hoi's really very creative and great with dancing... esp Michael Jackson's dances... amazing... learnt a lot of lesson from just talking w him... he didn't know much English, and I dunno any Cantonese ... so we had to communicate in sign language... which i've forgotten most of it... but he was really v patient with me haha. haha... v blessed just being able to drop by Hope HK and learn from the ppl there... =D even if it's only for a short while... maybe one day, God willing, He may call me to pioneer a hearing-impaired ministry there...

There's another testimony to share behind this mtg Ah Hoi... When i reached Hope HK... i was late, so was a bit disappointed... but sister Susan, the CL, told me that God sees my heart to want to come, and that He will honour my desire...

Then somehow, i felt this prompting to mention to her tt i was hearing-impaired... and lo and behold, she told me that she'll intro me to Ah Hoi, who's hearing-impaired, 'cos they have a hearing-impaired ministry. WHOA. I was totally gobsmacked haha... that even in smtg v small like just dropping by for fellowship w fellow Christians... God's wonderful hand is always at work!

sharing all these, 'cos well, think we can also tk the opportunity to bond w one another b4 we go for the missions trip... so i'll share a bit more abt wat's gg on for my life haha... and also, to want to enc u that if God can work such a sweet thing in my life even in a simple visit to a sister church... how much more He can do even more amazing things in the missions trip we are planning for the children in Cambodia!

So want to enc u with this verse:

2 Chron 16:9a "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him."

AMEN! :D

...

PS: Abt HK food, you die-die must eat the wonton noodles there. But even if you're dying of hunger... don't touch the fishball noodles there... :P Cantonese fishballs *absolutely* cannot compare to the Hokkien ones...

Oh! My family and I went to Disneyworld today. Thank God for His providence! 'cos originally we were told wrongly by the hotel staff that the admission fee EXCLUDED the rides... but it turns out, it's INCLUDED... so we all went in the end. And what a trip! Awesome, memorable and ended in a 20-min firework finale...

Also it's been a very thought-provoking time, spent in close proximity w my family. Think God is using this extended close contact w my family to surface certain heart issues in my life... and helping me understand why I have these issues and problems... but He is not condemning me at all... to my surprise, I don't sense any condemnation, just His peace and grace... even when i sin... He is correcting me and counselling me. Very strangely touched and surprised at how kind God is to a sinner like me. =)

No comments: