Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Teamwork. Serving tog in ministry. Am starting to feel overwhelmed. Now I understand better the stresses a project manager experiences.

SMSes. Flooding my inbox. And when you're working, calls come flying in. Interruptions, etc. Testing my temper, and adding to the stress.

(That does it, I need an iPhone or something to manage all these SMSes! Threaded conversations are the way to go!)

Things to do. To take note of and keep track. Oh God.

It's a stretching time for me... esp given my natural personality, I prefer to solo. But now, leading a team... I have to know the overall picture, keep track of who's doing what... and remember to account to Hong Teck too. Not just so... it being a ministry group, I also need to know the condition of my team-mates, and disciple them, helping them grow in their characters and their skills as well.

(Hats off to all my leaders... both in pastoral and operational... and wow, thank God for those who are in operational ministries. :) RESPECT... haha)

Character stretching. =) Praise God! It's in the middle of all these, and all the stress... and all the nitty-gritty that needs to be done, and the lousy feeling that you get when there's some bottleneck / screw-up because you forgot to follow up on some SMS reply...

In the middle of all these, it's a good reminder to remember what's the reason for this season.

Or rather, Who is the reason for the season. :)

Let's not lose sight of our first love through it all.

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances...

No comments: